Thursday, January 21, 2010

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

Yesterday when I picked Carson up from preschool, a mother who had been volunteering that day, made a beeline to speak with me.

I was initially a little concerned at the urgency.

She told me that Carson was such a sweet little boy.

He's adorable.

He's very smart.

He followed instruction well.

He is very quiet.

Of course I smiled and eagerly nodded my head in agreement.. but in kind of a 'double take' fashion, I did ask her to repeat herself about that last part.

Apparently when it was his turn to be at the Counting Center (which she was helping with), he was the most quiet of all the children .  She could barely hear him calmly say each number.

Still in surprised I questioned her a little more:  "Really, Carson?  Most quiet?? Out of the ENTIRE class???"

I casually mentioned that he's my "loud child" so I was a little surprised at that part of her report.. very pleased.. but it was a little unexpected.

Then, she started laughing.. she told me that once it was the end of the day and the kids were singing songs, that she knew exactly what I was talking about.

And that she was very happy that she didn't pee her pants laughing earlier. 
(I'm glad too, that's just awkward for everyone!)

Yesterday he learned Five Little Monkeys.. the end being his favorite part.  In case you can't tell.





I see why she laughed.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment