Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mission in progress.

If you remember from my "Operation: Fatten her up" post, you'll know that Kaitlyn didn't even gain a full pound between her six month and nine month check ups.

Well yesterday was her follow up visit.

SHE GREW!

*happy dance*

Last time she was 12 pounds 15 ounces and this time she was 14 pounds 2 ounces. However, and this is a little embarrassing to admit, but her diaper was kind of wet. I changed her before her nap and when I woke her up (early) to leave she was dry. However, by the time I checked Hade and Aubrey out of school and we drove 25 minutes to her appointment and waited.. yeah. But still, a wet diaper can't weight THAT much, right?

ANYWAY, she's still off of the growth chart but it looks like she's making her own growth curve again. What a relief. Her Dr. was very happy. She's still eating mostly baby food and has a yobaby yogurt every morning as well as snacks. I offer table food but that's not a big hit yet.

OH! And she grew almost TWO INCHES!! :-O No wonder I have to roll a lot of her pants twice so that she can't crawl right out of them. On the growth chart that means she went from 3% to 19%.

I also asked the Dr. about her grinding her teeth. She does it a LOT. I am thisclose to poking my eyes out. Oh, it's so bad. The Dr. said it's "normal" and then gave a laugh that was much like the laugh when I told him Carson started crawling when he was 4 months old. At least I have his sympathy.

Hayden also had his 5 year old check up and he's doing awesome. He's 40 pounds (50%) and 42" (36%) although I don't think Hade was standing all the way up but whatever. He was super duper brave and only had a few tears. I think it helped that I told him to act like Hulk and during the shots we made loud AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH noises. :-D Poor kid is limping around from the Tetnus shot and won't take any Tylenol to help with the pain. Why? Because all medicine makes him gag and throw up.

Hey, did you just hear my Dr. laughing again????

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad she is growing! GROW GROW GROW! Sounds like a fun night at your house!

    I went to the doctor yesterday and he was really miffed at me for being 1 1/2 months late for her 1 year heck up. He didn't seem to care that HE WAS out of town then I was out of town, then I didn't have insurance for a month. Seriously dude, take a chill pill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that she is growing!! I was working on jacob too, he was in the 4th percent at his 12 month check up which wasn't so good. At this check up he was in the 15Th - YEA for kids that can gain weight (how weird is that, I want my kids to gain weight, and I need to lose it.)

    ReplyDelete