Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TWICE!

Kaitlyn loves my makeup.

We (ahem, *I*) have a rule that she's not allowed to touch it.  If there is a color she wants on her eyes, she has to ask and I will use a brush to put it on.  Same with my lip gloss.

Today, Kaitlyn broke this rule not once, but TWICE! 

The first time was while I was doing my makeup (which is silvery greens to darker greens in case you were wondering)  and when I heard her gasp about being such a pretty princess, I knew what she was up to.  Sigh.


The second time was this afternoon.  There's a website called Hautelook where a company will sell their items in a two day sale at a discounted price.  For makeup, it's often part of older collections that are being discontinued (makeup changes every season so it cycles pretty quickly).  My favorite cosmetic company is Urban Decay and at the beginning of November they had a great sale but it took a MONTH to get my order (it usually takes about two weeks.. that's just how Hautelook is) and so they gave me a credit.  The middle of December they had a sale where everything was $2!  With my credit, I was able to get over $250 of Urban Decay for FREE!!!!!   WOO HOO!!!!

ANYWAY, so my Hautlook order arrived today and of course Kaitlyn was just as excited as I was to open up the box.  I looked away for two seconds and she had attacked.  My new brush was swiped in a matte green shadow called Chronic and applied to the side of her right eye.  Sigh. 


Good thing she's cute.  And tomorrow we will be reviewing my makeup policies prior to any applications. 

P.S.  I am going to try to blog every day for the rest of the month.  I hope you enjoy my ramblings!

2 comments:

  1. post post POST! yay for blogs. if you post, I will comment, and that's a promise.

    and now, I am off to check out hautelook. in fact, I am there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can she help that she loves make up as much as you do?
    SOOOO regret not getting that make-up lesson from you before Monday. :P

    ReplyDelete